Spring is one of the best times to sell a house! In fact, most real estate agents agree spring and summer are the peak home-selling seasons. With that in mind, use these 5 tips to prepare your home to sell this season:
- Clean your home interior – Do a little spring cleaning. Ensure all clutter is removed. A dirty, messy house won’t affect the property value, but buyers will be distracted from the positive features your home has to offer. Clutter and messiness will not leave a good impression on potential buyers.
- Consider new paint – If the winter did a number on your exterior siding, consider repainting your home. You might want to repaint interior walls and cabinets as well if they are beginning to look their age or have an outdated look.
- Make repairs – Have a thorough inspection done on your home to identify what needs repair. Even minor fixes, such as making sure the railing leading to your entrance isn’t wobbly, are important. Unless you have a “fixer-upper” listing to sell, major repairs will have to be addressed or buyers won’t be interested.
- Stage your home – Even if you haven’t moved out, stage your home. Consider adding spring décor and always have plenty of light to make your home more inviting to potential buyers.
- Tidy your yard – Winter can leave your yard looking a little dry and shabby. In addition to clearing your yard of all debris, trim bushes and trees. You might want to plant flowers during this time to add a bit of color to your property. This can boost curb appeal.
Use these 5 tips to prepare your home in order to sell it this spring. For additional advice on selling your home this spring, contact Randy Lindsay today.