If you’re looking for ways to settle into the community after moving to York County, then there’s no better way than to plan a picnic with friends and family at one of the beautiful parks located within York County. In fact, if you’re looking for a park at which to do this, we highly recommend the Harris Street Park.
The Harris Street Park is a popular park among residents of Fort Mill. Covering roughly 10 acres, the Harris Street Park has numerous amenities that make it perfect for a lazy weekend afternoon picnic. For example, you can hold your picnic under the picnic shelter, which contains two picnic tables, or the gazebo, which contains one picnic table. While this may not seem like a lot of picnic tables, each table holds up to 25 people. Additionally, the park boasts full restroom facilities. There are also plenty of amenities that the kids can use before and after lunch, such as the children’s playground, the lighted baseball or softball diamond and the lighted basketball court.
Settle down after a stressful move by picnicking at the Harris Street Park. For more information about York County, be sure to contact us at Randy Lindsay.
If you’ve been looking at homes to buy, then one of the things you’ve probably noticed from home to home is how boring the stairways often look. Fortunately, you can easily add character to the stairs once you buy a home by decorating them. The following are a few tips for decorating stairs:
- Install carpet runner – You can add a carpet runner down the middle of your steps to add color and pattern to the stairs. A runner is a great way to add a bit of elegance and sophistication to the overall stairway design.
- Paint a runner – If you’d rather not install carpet on the stairs, consider painting a runner instead. This gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of what your steps look like, thereby giving you a chance to be playful with it. You could go wild with the colors or even write a message going down the steps.
- Wallpaper – Another unique option is to wallpaper the sides of the steps. This is a great way to introduce different patterns – try using different wallpaper for each step!
Use these stair decorating ideas and contact Randy Lindsay for information about homes for sale in Fort Mill, SC.
Raleigh is often named as one of the fastest growing cities in the country, but Charlotte has recently outpaced the state’s capital after having passed the 800,000 population mark last year. This is a 2 percent growth in population from 2013.
Charlotte’s population growth has been nothing short of impressive, especially when compared to some of the larger cities in the country. The population has grown 10.7 percent since 2010, a growth rate that topped every one of the country’s 50 biggest cities with the exception of Austin and New Orleans. Charlotte gained 78,534 residents over that time period – only 7 other cities gained more residents during that time.
Charlotte is currently the 17th biggest city in the country. The second biggest city in North Carolina, Raleigh, experienced an annual growth rate of 1.9 percent over the last year, slightly below that of Charlotte. Despite being the second biggest city in the state, Raleigh’s population is still only half of Charlotte’s. Many of the smaller towns around the Charlotte area have experienced respectable population growth as well over the last year.
Charlotte continues to grow. For more information about metro Charlotte real estate, contact us at Randy Lindsay today.
Now that summer is around the corner, you’re probably on the lookout for activities that your kids can participate in since they will be out of school for the next few months. Fortunately, if you are living in York County, then there are a number of fantastic summer camps that your kids can attend. The following are a few of the summer camps that you might want to look into:
- Beginners Camp Sew – This camp will teach kids how to sew. It will take place from June 22nd to June 26th from 9:00 AM to noon. The cost is $30, which will include a starter sewing kit.
- ClubScience – This camp, which is located at the Fort Lawn Community Center, will allow kids to explore water quality and water life as well as to go kayaking. It takes place between July 7th and July 9th from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The cost is $30 and includes lunch.
- Camp Wild – This overnight camp will let kids go camping, hiking, boating and more at Chester State Park from June 23rd to June 25th for $85.
Check out these camps and contact us at Randy Lindsay for more about living in York County.
A lot of new homeowners aren’t too familiar with the terms of homeowner’s insurance, only with the fact that it’s a good idea to have it (and that it’s required if they are taking out a mortgage). One thing that you should be aware of is that the premiums you start off with may change from year to year. The following are a few things that can affect your homeowners insurance premiums:
- Location – If the location of your home becomes more prone to certain natural disasters, such as wildfires or tornadoes, your premiums may go up to reflect this.
- Age – No, not your age – but the age of the home. As a house grows older, it will eventually become more susceptible to damage. Your roof, electrical system, heating and cooling system and more will be more prone to damage, which means your house will cost more to insure.
- Additions – If you build onto your home or add features, such as a swimming pool, your insurance will increase in cost in order to increase your coverage.
These are things that could affect your homeowners insurance premiums. Contact us at Randy Lindsay for a real estate agent in Fort Mill, SC today.
After buying a home in York County, there’s a good chance that you’ll need to hire a moving service in order to move from your old home to your new one. However, keep in mind that not every mover is the same. This means that you’ll want to make sure that you read over the paperwork carefully. The following are a few things you should know:
- Estimates - There are two types of estimates – non-binding estimates and binding estimates. Non-binding estimates could end up being way different than the final cost because the costs will be determined by the weight of your shipment. A binding estimate tells you what the cost will be up front.
- Bill of lading – This is your contract. Make sure it includes information such as the mover’s contact and license information, your contact information, your origin and destination address, the services and rates, the time frame of the services to be rendered, the payment method and the insurance coverage and dispute settlement.
- Inventory list – Make sure the inventory list and condition listed is correct beforehand.
Use these tips when hiring a moving company and be sure to contact us at Randy Lindsay today for home buying advice.