When it comes to finding a home to buy in York County, it shouldn’t be too difficult to find something that meets your needs. However, there are different home styles that may or may not suit your particular taste. The following are some of the common home styles that you can find in York County:
- Colonial – Colonial-style homes are relatively popular in the South. They are characterized by their exterior symmetry as well as their use of two or more floors. Plantation-style colonial homes generally have two columns flanking the front door.
- Mid-Century Modern – Mid-century modern homes were built between the 1930s and 1960s. They’re known for their abundance of windows, exposed beams and open floor plans.
- European – European-style homes are gaining in popularity for those who like intricately decorated home designs. Common features include stone facades, wrought iron decorations, paver driveways and lots of natural stone.
- Craftsman – Craftsman-style homes are becoming a more popular home design for new construction. They are known for their open floor plans, large kitchens and high ceilings. These types of homes tend to boast beautiful handwork as opposed to a more mass produced-like style that some new homes have.
- Ranch – Ranch-style homes are single-story houses that often have open floor plans and a variety of different roof lines. These types of homes are evocative of a casual and informal lifestyle.
These are a few of the common home styles found in York County. Be sure to consider the type of home style that fits your personal taste when looking for a home to buy in York County. For more information about real estate in the area or for information about things to do in York County, contact us at Randy Lindsay today.