Staging your home is essential to selling a home in York County. You’ll want to stage your home in a way that is comfortable and inviting, and that emphasizes the home’s special features. Staging your home not only includes making the house look good, but also making sure there’s nothing wrong with the home. The following are five quick fixes that you can make to help showcase your house in tip-top shape:
- Change the light bulbs – Buyers are going to be checking all of the lights in your house, and the last thing you want is for one of your lights to not turn on. By replacing old bulbs, you’ll ensure that your
house also gets plenty of light. A dark home isn’t very inviting and tends to make the house look smaller.
- Change hardware – Does your kitchen hardware look outdated? Upgrade the hardware to give your kitchen a visual boost.
- Clean up the yard – Curb appeal matters – if your property looks bad, many buyers won’t even bother coming in. This means that you should clean up your yard, sweep your sidewalks, cut the grass and trim your bushes.
- Add scent – Do you have pets in your home? First of all, you’ll need to remove them when showing the house. Secondly, you’ll want to get rid of the pet smell. Open up the windows beforehand to cycle in fresh air. Then add pleasant scents by adding fresh flowers or baking fresh cookies to make your home smell good.
- Replace switch plate covers – You may not notice, but switch plate covers can get pretty dirty over time. Replace them if needed.
Use these quick fixes to ensure your home is in the best shape to show. For additional tips on selling a home in York County, contact Randy Lindsay.