Finding the right home for you and your family isn’t just about finding the right house, it’s also about finding the right neighborhood. If you’re planning on living in York County, then make sure that you use the following tips to determine if the neighborhood you’re looking at is right for you:
- The safety of the area – The last thing you’ll want to do is to move into an area that’s unsafe. Look up the area’s crime rate and talk to some of the neighbors to find out how safe the area is. A good real estate agent will be familiar with how safe certain areas are as well.
- The reputation of the school district – If you have kids or are planning on having kids, look into the school district the neighborhood is located in. Do the schools nearby have a good reputation? Check into things like graduation rates, class sizes, teacher turnover rates and awards to properly judge a school.
- Nearby amenities – Different people want to be nearby different things. Look for certain amenities that you want to have near you wherever you live, such as gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants.
- The local real estate market – If you see a lot of for sale signs in the neighborhood, it may be a bad sign. It could mean that the neighborhood is struggling. A real estate agent can provide more insight in this regard.
- The future of the neighborhood – Plans for the future can greatly impact a neighborhood. For example, if the city is planning to build a park nearby, it’s probably a good thing. However, if they are planning to build a freeway right across the street, it’s probably not.
For more advice on living in York County, be sure to contact us at Randy Lindsay today.