In a perfect world, selling your old home and buying a new home would coincide perfectly so that you could pay for your new home and move in immediately. However, it’s rarely as easy as this. Fortunately, it is possible to do. The following are a few tips to keep in mind if you’re buying and selling a home at the same time:
- Know your finances – If you’re in a strong financial position, you may be able to buy a new home before you sell your old home. You’ll need to be financially capable of doing this, however, since you’ll be responsible for paying off two mortgages (unless your old home is paid off) until you sell your old home.
- Add a contingency – You can make the sale of your house contingent on whether or not you’re able to close on a new home. This can, however, limit the number of buyers, especially those who need to move in right away.
- Add a new term – Add a term to your purchase contract that gives you an additional two or three weeks to stay in your old home.
- Rent out your old home – If the person who has bought your old home doesn’t need to move in right away, you might be able to come to an agreement in which you rent out your old home until you are able to find a new house to purchase.
- Work with a real estate agent in Fort Mill – A good real estate agent has experience in closing concurrent sales and can help you successfully sell and buy a home at the same time.
If you need a real estate agent in Fort Mill to help sell and buy a home at the same time, be sure to contact us at Randy Lindsay today.
Many homeowners are convinced that they have to invest in major renovations in order to boost the value of their homes and increase their chances of being able to sell. However, this is not always the case. The following are a few home selling tips for selling your property without having to invest in major home improvements:
- Focus on curb appeal – Make a good first impression on buyers by focusing on your property’s curb appeal. This doesn’t mean you need to replace the siding or upgrade the front door. Simply cleaning up your yard, cutting the lawn and trimming your bushes can make all the difference in the world.
- Create an effective listing – Write a description that focuses not only on the main details about your house but also on the features that make it unique. For example, highlight your living room’s fireplace or your bedroom’s walk-in closet to draw the attention of buyers. Be sure to use professional photographs of both the interior and exterior of your home as well that help make your property look its best.
- Clean, declutter and depersonalize the house – You may want to consider hiring a professional cleaning service to do a thorough whole-house cleaning. Remove clutter by throwing away all of your trash and organizing your belongings. Clutter can make a house feel smaller and less clean. Additionally, take down personal photos so that buyers don’t feel like they’re walking through someone else’s home.
- Make minor repairs – Making minor repairs, such as tightening loose doorknobs, changing dead light bulbs and more will help prevent buyers from thinking your house is falling apart.
These are a few tips for selling your house without having to make costly renovations. For more home selling tips, be sure to contact us at Randy Lindsay today.
Selling a home is a process that can sometimes take a while. Unfortunately, not everybody can take their time when it comes to selling a house. This is especially true for homeowners that are moving away to start a new job and can’t stick around for very long. If you need to sell your house quickly, whatever the reason might be, then you’ll want to use the following home selling tips:
- Price your home competitively – Consider pricing your property below its value. By putting it on the market at a lower price, you’ll draw buyers who are more likely to make a quick offer. If you’re lucky, you can even create a bidding war, which will help boost your price back up to the home’s true market value or even beyond.
- Improve your property’s curb appeal – Draw the attention of buyers by making sure you leave a good first impression on them, both when they drive by your home and when they see it listed online. You can do this by investing in your property’s curb appeal. Make sure that your lawn is trimmed and that there’s no clutter in the yard. Add a fresh coat of paint to your home’s exterior and be sure to make any needed repairs.
- Hire a real estate agent – Trying to sell your home on your own is not the way to go if you need to sell quickly. A real estate agent will make sure your property gets as much exposure as possible. They’ll market your home thoroughly, schedule open houses and personal tours, and use their connections throughout the local real estate market to find motivated buyers.
Follow these tips to sell your house quickly. For more professional home selling tips, be sure to contact us at Randy Lindsay today.
If you’re planning on selling your house, you might be thinking about doing it without a real estate agent in Fort Mill, SC. A lot of sellers choose to go at it alone as a way to avoid paying the agent fee. However, if you’re unable to sell your house after 65 to 70 days on the market, then you should strongly consider turning to a professional realtor.
Reasons Your House Isn’t Selling
The following are some of the common reasons why a homeowner might have difficulty selling their home without the aid of a professional real estate agent :
- You’re unable to attract buyers – A professional real estate agent not only knows the best ways to list your house online but also has connections with other agents within the local real estate industry that they can use to find motivated buyers.
- Your listing is poor – A listing with a poor description and bad or no photographs is not going to be taken seriously by buyers. An agent will help write up a professional description that highlights what makes your home unique and hire a professional photographer to take high-quality pictures.
- The house has been overpriced – An agent will have the expertise and knowledge about the local real estate market to help you properly price your house. If you overprice it, no one is going to make a bid.
- Your house needs repairs or improvements – An agent can suggest where you can put your money to good use by repairing or improving certain parts of your home. For example, boosting your curb appeal by repainting the home’s exterior or by refacing the cabinets in your kitchen.
If you need help selling your house, contact us at Randy Lindsay to speak with a real estate agent in Fort Mill, SC today.
If you’re thinking about selling your home, then doing so in the summer can be a good idea. The summer is the peak selling season, after all. However, even though there are many buyers who are house hunting throughout summer, there are also many sellers, which means that there’s stiff competition. The following are three tips for selling a home in Tega Cay, SC that you should consider using:
- Focus on your curb appeal – Buyers aren’t going to have time to make an appointment to walk through every house they see, especially during the peak selling season. Because of this, your property better look good on the outside in order to convince buyers to come inside. Mow your lawn, trim your bushes, clear your yard from junk and repaint the exterior if needed to help boost your curb appeal.
- Make all necessary repairs – Buyers are going to be much pickier during the summers when they have the opportunity to compare many different homes for sale. Any flaw in your home is going to immediately be picked up on, so make sure that you make all necessary repairs, whether you need to repair your HVAC system, fix broken tiles or even tighten your door handles.
- Keep the home comfortable – Buyers are going to be potentially sweaty and hot when they come in from the summer sun, so make sure that the house is comfortable. Cranking up the A/C and turning on the ceiling fans will help make the house cool, which will help leave a positive impression on buyers.
These are a few tips that you should keep in mind if you’re planning on selling a home in Tega Bay, SC during the peak summer season.
If you’re planning on selling your home in the near future, one of the things that you might want to do is to invest in a few home remodeling projects. Certain home remodeling projects can not only make your property more attractive to potential homebuyers, but can also raise the value of your home. The following are three simple projects that will help raise the selling price of your house:
- Repaint your house – Adding a new coat of paint to both your home’s interior and exterior can make the house look brand new. A new paint job is especially effective if the old paint is beginning to show wear and tear. Most experts recommend using neutral colors so that you don’t scare any buyers away with your unique color choices.
- Reface your kitchen cabinets – The kitchen is one of the most important spaces in the house. It’s the room that buyers will often consider first. Give your kitchen a facelift by refacing your kitchen cabinets. This can give them a brand new look without having to replace them completely, which can be a costly task.
- Upgrade your windows – Consider replacing your older windows with new Energy Star-rated windows that are more energy efficient. Not only can new windows improve the overall look of your property, thereby greatly increasing your curb appeal, but they can reduce the energy use of the house by as much as 15 percent, which is very attractive to buyers. This may cost you a bit to do, but the investment is generally well worth it.
These are just three of the home remodeling projects that you could invest in to help boost your home’s value. For more home selling advice, be sure to contact us at Randy Lindsay today.