Selling your first home can be a daunting task and a stressful process to boot. If you are planning on selling a house for the first time, then you’ll want to make sure that you keep the following tips for first-time home sellers in mind:
- Price your home properly – Don’t just add the cost of any renovations you’ve made on top of how much you paid for the house. That’s not how pricing works. Compare your house to similar properties that have sold in your area to determine what its value actually is. Overpricing your house will make it really difficult to sell.
- Repair your home – You don’t want to invest too much into your home in an attempt to raise the selling price or draw more buyers. However, at the very minimum, you should make all necessary repairs, both major and minor. Even small issues could turn buyers off.
- De-personalize your home – When showing your house, take down personal items, like family photographs or drawings. Try to create an inviting but neutral space.
- Don’t cut corners marketing your home – Invest in your listing. Showcase the features that make your house unique and have a professional photographer light your home to take high-quality pictures instead of just snapping photos using your smartphone.
- Hire a professional real estate agent – A real estate agent will be able to help you with all of the previously listed things. Additionally, they will have connections throughout the local real estate market, which means that they can connect you with homebuyers who are seriously interested right off the bat.
Be sure to keep these tips for first-time home sellers in mind if you are new to the home-selling market.